Packardbell entf71bm WebCam Drivers on Windows7 64 bits

darekg11

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Hi. couple of days ago my friend asked me to install OS and everything on PackardBell ENTF71BM. Before I started installing Windows 7 I checked on Packardbell website if drivers are available.
Of course they had support only for Windows 8.1 .... but funny thing is that most of them also supports Windows 7 64Bits (according to ReadMe files)

So I have installed Windows 7 and all drivers - everything works (I have no yellow marked devices in Device Manager) but WebCam.

Windows can not locate it and it does not appear anywhere in Device Manager (even when showing hidden devices) but it appears in all kinds of USB Device scan software as:

USB VGA Camera with following ID:
USB\VID_04F2&PID_B47F&MI_00\7&299B800&1&0000

But Google does not return any results and I have already spent 2 days looking for any solutions but still nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
I think the problem is that the webcam driver & application software is probably built in to Windows 8.1 but isn't built-in to Windows 7.

That's why it's not available from Packard Bell, they assume you'll be using Windows 8.1 as that's the only version they support on that model.

The answer then is to put Windows 8.1 back on it.
I think the problem is that the webcam driver & application software is probably built in to Windows 8.1 but isn't built-in to Windows 7.

That's why it's not available from Packard Bell, they assume you'll be using Windows 8.1 as that's the only version they support on that model.

The answer then is to put Windows 8.1 back on it.

Solution