Pad 3 With A6, LTE, Retina Launch Rumored to be March 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

finally they got ride of that ridicously "i" everything.. pad 3 sounds just fine.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
And here come the iFans who've been saying for the last year that LTE is pointless but suddenly think it's the greatest thing ever now that it's (finally) available on an iDevice.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
2048x1536 sounds a little ridiculous for the size of screen the iPad has. Could you imagine trying to read non-scalable text on that? Yuck. So has there been any rumors about the graphics chipset in this one?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]helldog3105[/nom]2048x1536 sounds a little ridiculous for the size of screen the iPad has. Could you imagine trying to read non-scalable text on that? Yuck. So has there been any rumors about the graphics chipset in this one?[/citation]

I'm so freaking tired of all these "computer" monitors with 1080 lines.
I think the 2048x1536 resolution is the only thing I find interesting about it.
Not that I am going to start buying iCrap now; but I hope other tablet makers will follow.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
And in later news Samsung have delayed the shipment of the cpu's as a response to the legal issues over ridiculous patents while the appleoids screams they been samsunged again and commit ritual suicides.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]And here come the iFans who've been saying for the last year that LTE is pointless but suddenly think it's the greatest thing ever now that it's (finally) available on an iDevice.[/citation]

I think you've got the situation reversed. It was the Anti-Apple crowd that was making snid comments about the iPad 2, saying it was inferior, and using its lack of 4G LTE as proof(haha..lol) of it being inferior. Even though benchmarks everywhere proved otherwise..Especially in the graphics department. Several times over.

Now, IF the iPad 3 has 4G LTE, that's awesome. But it's not the end-all-be all that some people make it out to be. If it was, speed wise, the proportional equivient of going from dial-up, to DSL, or even Cable.. Then sure.. It would be amazing.. And a massive negative and stupid oversight to not include it in a new "top of the line" product... But at the speeds its averaging right now? Hardly.

And chances are, once again, the iPad is gonna wipe the floor with everything out to date.. And embarrass the TF Prime and it's Tegra3(which sucks, because I want to get the 1920x1200 one once they release it. :( Such is life.). And of course, you all will come up with your own reasons as to how the iPad 3 is "fail" once it's out... And the market will prove you wrong as the iPad continues to sell like hotcakes... And finally.. We will be waiting for the media to try and promote the next "iPad Killer", and we will watch it fail miserably.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]I think you've got the situation reversed. It was the Anti-Apple crowd that was making snid comments about the iPad 2, saying it was inferior, and using its lack of 4G LTE as proof(haha..lol) of it being inferior. Even though benchmarks everywhere proved otherwise..Especially in the graphics department. Several times over.Now, IF the iPad 3 has 4G LTE, that's awesome. But it's not the end-all-be all that some people make it out to be. If it was, speed wise, the proportional equivient of going from dial-up, to DSL, or even Cable.. Then sure.. It would be amazing.. And a massive negative and stupid oversight to not include it in a new "top of the line" product... But at the speeds its averaging right now? Hardly.And chances are, once again, the iPad is gonna wipe the floor with everything out to date.. And embarrass the TF Prime and it's Tegra3(which sucks, because I want to get the 1920x1200 one once they release it. Such is life.). And of course, you all will come up with your own reasons as to how the iPad 3 is "fail" once it's out... And the market will prove you wrong as the iPad continues to sell like hotcakes... And finally.. We will be waiting for the media to try and promote the next "iPad Killer", and we will watch it fail miserably.[/citation]

If your 30 inch monitor is only 2560 x 1600, relatively speaking and an Ipad 3 is 2048×1536 on a 10 inch display, your 30 inch IPS panel is really out of date...... at the same pixel pitch the 30 inch IPS should have what ? 4500x 3000 pixels? Sorry you paid that much for a monitor.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]helldog3105[/nom]2048x1536 sounds a little ridiculous for the size of screen the iPad has. Could you imagine trying to read non-scalable text on that? Yuck. So has there been any rumors about the graphics chipset in this one?[/citation]
really? there will always be a reason for someone to bitch about something.

sounds like a great device. bring it apple. they might not push the performance envelope when it comes to desktop computers, but their mobile devices perform very well

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]And here come the iFans who've been saying for the last year that LTE is pointless but suddenly think it's the greatest thing ever now that it's (finally) available on an iDevice.[/citation]

I wouldn't say it's "revolutionary" or "magical" but it just wasn't previously the best option for the iPhone/iPad. The technology used to bring 4G to a mobile device wasn't perfected and required a lot of battery power. I'll take longevity and 3G speeds over 4G with 5 hours of use any day. Apple won't put it in their phone unless the technology is ready.

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]If your 30 inch monitor is only 2560 x 1600, relatively speaking and an Ipad 3 is 2048×1536 on a 10 inch display, your 30 inch IPS panel is really out of date...... at the same pixel pitch the 30 inch IPS should have what ? 4500x 3000 pixels? Sorry you paid that much for a monitor.[/citation]

Someone doesn't know how monitors work...

G

Is anyone else hoping that they announce the iPad 2s instead? I need to see a few more hipster heads exploding. :D

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]If your 30 inch monitor is only 2560 x 1600, relatively speaking and an Ipad 3 is 2048×1536 on a 10 inch display, your 30 inch IPS panel is really out of date...... at the same pixel pitch the 30 inch IPS should have what ? 4500x 3000 pixels? Sorry you paid that much for a monitor.[/citation]
You know there is some truth to that. Monitors, even the 30" ones could really use a much higher resolution. They have been stuck on the same old resolutions for a long time know. With higher res monitors of iRet pixel density you really wouldn't need to have to worry about AA anymore or hacks like sub-pixel hinting.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
you can rest asure the iPad 3 will be more over priced crap. Thanks but no thanks, but I wont crawl as low as Apple expects its zombies to .

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
In other news, Apple fandom developers create a unified forum thread app called, "iStupid", trying to introduce the concept that the term "stupid" means awesome, cool, b****in', rad, etc... So when all the apple fan'peeps download and start using the "iStupid" app and and start using the phras iStupid all the time all the non Crapple Zombies will be snickering... When the app fan'peeps say the word "iStupid" out loud, they still won't get the double entendre... guess who will? hhhmmm... geeze I don't know... o_O

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Apple haters lol never fails with every story. Its about time they get away from the same ole 1080p nonsense that plagues so many cheap panels these days. My desktop monitor is 2560 x 1600 at 30 inches IPS and would never go back to anything less. So this is welcome news even though I wouldnt have much use for a IPAD 3 when I already have an Iphone.[/citation]

i so want one of those, but wont pay 1500-2000$ for it

[citation][nom]jezus53[/nom]Someone doesn't know how monitors work...[/citation]

he has some amount of a point... why do we pay so much for something that is probably vastly cheaper to produce, i mean what 2000$ for a decent one, and a phone has a higher pixle dencity for what, 30$ a panel? point being, its likely that 4 ipad 3s will be cheaper than that one monitor, and thats an entire computer like device, that is portable, and most likely has a better looking screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.