Solved! Pairing Samsung Smart Remote with IPTV STB GX-TR500EL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2018
Hy,

Please help me pairing my Samsung Smart remote with my Samsung STB (IP tv receiver) model GX-TR500EL.

I have a 55MU6102 that does not have the GX-TR500EL in list. I have the 1205 firmware updated.
The old STB Model was working just fine with my smart remote and I could acces the STB menu (including channels) with the smart remote

Kind regards,

Solution
If your box isn't in the pre-programmed IR codes in the remote you can't add them. I doubt your remote has a learning function, It might have a search function that will try all the codes the remote does have to see if one works on the box.
You can get a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed from their online database. If the code for your box isn't already there you teach those commands into the database for you and others to use.
Oct 23, 2018

If your box isn't in the pre-programmed IR codes in the remote you can't add them. I doubt your remote has a learning function, It might have a search function that will try all the codes the remote does have to see if one works on the box.
You can get a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed from their online database. If the code for your box isn't already there you teach those commands into the database for you and others to use.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.