Palm Launches Second WebOS Device, the Pixi

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Looks like a pretty cool phone. Sort of a smaller Pre for people who don't like virtual keyboards or sliders and want a thin phone. It retains most of the functionality of the Pre as well. The only thing left they need to do is have a version that looks similar to this but lose the keyboard, have the screen bigger, and put wifi back in it. That would be a pretty good stable of products. Oh, yeah, and release them on multiple carriers.

I like the Pre a lot but I'm stuck with 6+ months left on my iPhone 3G plan. Great phone but I won't be renewing with AT&T when the opportunity arrives. Probably go back to Verizon or try out Sprint and the Pre. Really wish they had plans that were shorter than two years, suck ass.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Oh, yeah, and release them on multiple carriers.[/citation]This is my issue as well. I have a hard time signing up for a 2 year contract when I know the quality of service and the hidden fees are only going to cost me my sanity. For now I'm just using my business phone, but I won't have that luxury forever.

G

Will it be able to do something else than phone?
(eg: Webbrowsing, games, apps, etc..)

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Looks like a pretty cool phone. Sort of a smaller Pre for people who don't like virtual keyboards [/citation]

FYI, the pre also has a full QWERTY keyboard, not a virtual one. Also, i believe that it is January that the pre is coming to other carriers. Personally im planning on waiting and picking up the pre when verizon gets it.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Will it be able to do something else than phone? (eg: Webbrowsing, games, apps, etc..)[/citation]Yes. I expect games to come in 2 screen versions but it has the same capabilities as the Pre.

blafrisch

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Really wish they had plans that were shorter than two years, suck ass.[/citation]

They do. There are 1 year contracts and then there are no contracts. The problem is that people desire to pay less for their phones so to get the maximum amount of subsidization then people have to take the 2 year plan. I think I've read that in Canada they stick you with 3 year plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.