Panasonic Lumix FZ35

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just received my new FZ35 and had a chance to test the camera at the beach. Zoom is perfect from what I can tell, video is quick to record, sound was pretty fair even in the wind. Feel in the hand is nicely balanced, light weight but very comfortable to hold. Very nice that the still picture settings such as sports mode, worked well for video as well. I no longer need to carry two cameras around for casual family outings. I highly enjoy using this camera and the results even in low light more than meet my needs. In fact I would dare compare the low light ability to that of a good DSLR of two years ago.

kurz_83

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hmmm.. thinking about getting this camera, does anyone know if there is any limit on how long you can capture video, I think previous Panasonic models it was limited at 15min. Let say you have an 16GB SD card can you continuously capture video until the card is full or batteries dies?

G

As far as know, in AVCHD mode you can record till your memory is full.

G

i just bought this camera and i love it, i used it on my daughter's school program and was never dissapointed with the results,great pix videos in hd plus the audio is awesome the avcdh lite is very useful specially when recording long hd videos i just have to convert it to other format since it's in mts. unfortunately when i'm using the raw format on images..i cant view it on my computer plus the size is more than double the jpeg i just don't how this thing is an advantage to others.overall im satisfied with its performance and price

mqavila

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
I believe the European model/version (FZ38) has the 15-minute limit on video recording due to some obscure law or something. However, the American model/version (FZ35) has no such limitation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.