Panasonic parts home audio

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
it helps to know the voltage and rotational speed.

i would go as far as matching the impedance of the motor so that you dont stress out the circuit that drives the motor (which would cause the circuit to break).

i dont think you will be able to get a proper impedance rating from the motor if it is burnt out.

the reason why matching the impedance is important is because the new motor might spin a little bit faster or slower than the original.

spinning only 200rpm faster/slower would really worry me.

critter_51

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
You have some good ideas there. It seems my biggest problem is that the 12 volt motor is solderd to the circuit board. It has to fit just like the oridginal. So the size and mounting is very important. Also the speed circuit is part of the board. The motor has just two solding tabs. Just 2 inputs, pos and neg. The circuit has adjustment for the speed. It looks like it has to be the panasonic motor made for the turntable. The year it made is from 1982 to 1984 or about. Here is the part number, SFMHB33-01E by Panasonic for Technics.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
does the motor have metal on the body of it to help the motor sit in the required position?
maybe you can lift the motor out of a metal assembly.
maybe you can cut the metal off of the body of the old motor and attach it to the new motor?
or
maybe you can build your own mount to make the motor sit in the required position.

again.. if the motor impedance is way different, its going to destroy that precious speed control circuit.
and be aware that there may be different impedance values for when the motor is at rest compared to when the motor is spinning at the required speed.

if you are good with your hands to solder on the circuit board.. you should be able to assemble a mount for the new motor.

otherwise you are gonna have to have somebody else do the electrical work.
maybe you can find somebody who is heavy into r/c car racing.
they should have some experience with rotory motors.

and if you are desperate.. try one of the Disc jockey and/or home studio forums dedicated to people who are making music mixes.
maybe somebody there could help you with the parts of your turntable.