Parallel/series wiring for 2x speakers per channel stereo

curtisrivers

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
Hello! I have 2x speakers per channel both are 8ohms, as well as the 2x terminals on the bottom speaker, I have 4 terminals for bi-wiring on the upper speaker, am I able to wire both sides series/parallel for stereo use? (I have a stereo valve amplifier) So far i have only been able to find diagrams showing the use of this wiring technique with 4x speakers per channel. Many thanks!

Solution
The fact that one pair of speakers has bi-wire terminals doesn't change anything if you leave the bridging connections in place (which you would).
You don't usually wire speakers in series. It reduced the damping factor making for lower quality bass.
Wire them in parallel. If your valve amp has 4 ohm output terminals use those.
You may not have enough power to drive them since a valve amp doesn't increase power when you reduce the speaker impedance.
Since they are different speakers the net result may be worse not better sound.
The fact that one pair of speakers has bi-wire terminals doesn't change anything if you leave the bridging connections in place (which you would).
You don't usually wire speakers in series. It reduced the damping factor making for lower quality bass.
Wire them in parallel. If your valve amp has 4 ohm output terminals use those.
You may not have enough power to drive them since a valve amp doesn't increase power when you reduce the speaker impedance.
Since they are different speakers the net result may be worse not better sound.

Solution