News Paramount Plus price drop is coming June 7 — but there's a catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddf200

Prominent
May 24, 2021
All of the network TV streaming services are missing the mark. They just don't get it, and are unable to give users what they really want. On demand streaming of all content with no restrictions for paid tiers. Think Netflix. They are still trying to protect their broadcast tv properties with delayed availability of content. Let me watch the national news, on demand within minutes of the broadcast being available on the East coast, regardless of where I live in the country. Nope, they want to throttle content and continue to hold on to old broadcast ways of doing business. Recipe for failure.

May 31, 2021
All of the network TV streaming services are missing the mark. They just don't get it, and are unable to give users what they really want. On demand streaming of all content with no restrictions for paid tiers. Think Netflix. They are still trying to protect their broadcast tv properties with delayed availability of content. Let me watch the national news, on demand within minutes of the broadcast being available on the East coast, regardless of where I live in the country. Nope, they want to throttle content and continue to hold on to old broadcast ways of doing business. Recipe for failure.

They also don't seem to get how to sell the advantage of streaming vs those that have broadcast access only.

For example: Look how ridiculously spread out episode drops of Clarice have been. Nine episode since February.

Why not give an annual subscription option and give those subscribers every episode at once? Streaming services already battle keeping monthly users, anyway.

They seem to think about this stuff the same as broadcast TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.