Review Paramount Plus review (hands on): Is it worth $5.99 a month?

Mar 5, 2021
I am amazed at how no one is talking about the fact that the good folks at CBS and Paramount spent big bucks on silly super bowl ads - and NOTHING on actually upgrading the player. I am a Roku user - so if this rant does not apply on other forgive me. Other than a new splash log it is the same terrible app! No scrubbing (preview) as you FF or RW.... and there is no favorites. The clicks to go from a show to a next episode is also cludgy. I stayed on my subscription for CBS All Access for two more months because they said they would give me half off till the new launch. What a waste! I will pop back on when new Discovery eps are out - but I will make it one month and done because I do not want to pay for such a steaming pile of poo.

Reactions: dougunder
Oct 26, 2021
I subscribed at the beginning and just canceled. I'm a soccer and a Star Trek fan so you'd think it's a natural fit.
Well turns out new ST isn't ST at all, just technobabble woke badly written action. Definitely made by folks who have no idea why DS9 is still popular.
Soccer coverage is full of missing matches and mostly replays. I'm a Celtic FC supporter, had to buy a Celtic TV subscription to see the live games I want.
Bet it's the same for most clubs.

So now i have no reason to pay for Paramount. Canceling in favor of A tv, hearing good things about Ted Lasso.

Feb 8, 2022
AVOID this company like the plague. I signed up by mistake for an annual subscription, and then IMMEDIATELY cancelled, and also reached out to them to try and rectify the situation and to make sure i wouldnt get charged; their unwavering response was, 'we don't refund once you've signed up for subscription'. I received this response from 2 people.

I was signed up for less than a minute; i have time stamped emails showing that the time difference between my sign up, and my cancellation is 1 minute.

This company is incredibly shady, and will take you for anything that they can. They do not care about being a reputable or trustworthy company. There are plenty of other streaming services that will provide you a better experience, and are not sketchy like P+.

Had I known i was going to lose $100 that quick, I couldve figured out a way to spend it in a way that was more fun.