Partnership Between Buy.com and eBay Raises Concerns Among Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
There are that many idiots that use Ebay to buy new products from e-tailers? I gotta laugh :lol at those that pay more for products on Ebay than other e-tailers (like NewEgg) sell them for.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Until people actually see what kind of prices Buy.com posts on their items we really aren't able to see if this is fair or not. If ebay allows them to post at prices that are way below and sellers stop making money then sellers may/may not stop selling. If sellers stop posting items then ebay loses as much money as they gain from buy.com I don't think that ebay will push US(me included) away like that if they can help it.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
DXRick, while there are many sellers on ebay that sell for much higher prices than newegg, certain items can be had for cheaper on ebay. I sometimes find new items selling for as much as $100 off the newegg price, I attribute this to ebay's stiff competition. So ebay is not all bad, maybe you've just had bad luck with it in the past, or you simply don't know where to look. :)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
EBay is evil. They are a terrible company that screws buyers to some degree and sellers to a much larger degree. I work with them every day at my job and they have been going downhill for the past 3 years or so. If I owned their stock, I'd be dumping it right now. I predict that they will become a nobody in the marketplace within the next 2 years.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Ebay has better prices than newegg . mwave and tigerdirect on new items . Buy.com prices are stupid .

Ebay 2gb crucial ballistix tracer 35+shipping
newegg 60+ shipping

this means that newegg can actually lower their prices but they just dont want to.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]Ebay has better prices than newegg . mwave http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Mwave and tigerdirect on new items . Buy.com prices are stupid . Ebay 2gb crucial ballistix tracer 35+shippingnewegg 60+ shipping this means that newegg can actually lower their prices but they just dont want to.[/citation]

Or its a seller that bought a bin of chips that didn't pass the quality control tests and they're trying to dump them on eBay. Of course on eBay the "plus shipping" could also mean plus $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.