Passcape interfering with Windows 7 Setup

Lykraa

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello guys,
I was wondering if it was possible to remove the Passcape software since it keeps interfering with my fresh install of Windows 7?
I am doing a fresh install because my Windows OS corrupted itself while I was playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, so I decided to delete all partitions and fresh install a copy of Windows 7 I have on a USB. I am booting with my USB in top priority and using CSM Boot. Everything runs fine until after it shows the Windows splash screen, then Passcape appears, which is what I don't want since I'm only trying to get to setup. Is there anyway I can get rid of Passcape or even delete it? I can't boot into UEFI because Windows setup always freezes or doesn't recognize any external device.
If it matters, my PC specs are here:
Intel Core i3-5020u CPU 2.20 GHZ
Toshiba MQ01ABD100(S1) HDD
6144 MB Total Memory Size.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Any time you plug them in but while you are in Windows right?

Are you sure when trying to boot from the USB that its actually booting from the USB? Usually you need to set the BIOS to boot from the USB, if it was doing that it would bypass whatever it is on your hard drive which has this passcape software and allow you to format the drive.

I'm still confused as well as to how it got there in the first place, did you buy this laptop new?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
This doesn't make sense, if Passcape is showing up its because its on your bootable USB, otherwise if your USB was a true Win 7 iso it would allow you to just boot up and get into setup. Passcape is a password discovery software and using products such as this is not supported here. So can you please explain why this software is there in the first place, and what you are trying to do. This thread will otherwise be closed as we do not support anything related to password recovery not bypassing passwords on systems.

Lykraa

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
No, Passcape isn't on my bootable USB, only my true Windows 7 is there... I have no clue how it's there. Everytime I get past the splash screen it takes me to Passcape instead of Windows setup, which is ridiculous. I had no idea I even had Passcape in the first place. All I'm trying to do is get past or get rid of it.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Any time you plug them in but while you are in Windows right?

Are you sure when trying to boot from the USB that its actually booting from the USB? Usually you need to set the BIOS to boot from the USB, if it was doing that it would bypass whatever it is on your hard drive which has this passcape software and allow you to format the drive.

I'm still confused as well as to how it got there in the first place, did you buy this laptop new?

Solution