Password manager free or pay

AdrianVaughan

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
Hi there, am looking for a password manager to store aTVll my passwords on from websites to card details ect.
This is for pc and andriod.

Free or pay I don't mind. (Pay is probably better) maybe....you tell me.

If there any pros or cons to the ones you use or recommend please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You only need premium if you want app auto fill I think. IIRC I got a free month of premium when I first started, so you can try it out for a while and then when the trial runs out and you revert back to basic features you can see if there were any features from premium that you're missing that were worth paying for.

TJ Hooker

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
I've been using lastpass for a few months now, don't have any big complaints. They have free and paid ($2/month) versions, I think the biggest difference is that premium supports auto-fill in applications (compared to just supporting auto fill in web browsers). The only issue I've had is that auto fill doesn't work for a few of my android apps, so I have to manually copy/paste the passwords from the lastpass app. Don't think I've ever tried using auto fill on desktop apps.

Lastpass has an authenticator app (i.e. alternative to google authenticator), and offers 2FA.

They use client side encryption, so even lastpass doesn't know your passwords (and your passwords wouldn't be compromised even lastpass servers were hacked).

I'll admit I didn't shop around all that much when looking for a password manager. Can't really say how lastpass is better or worse than alternatives.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i'd second lastpass. i use the free version on pc, iphone and android and easily sync all ym stuff across all 3 platforms. does all i need it to do easy enough. can create "secure notes" to save non site related info that can be anything you wish. basically a notepad you can write anything into and save behind your password.

just don't forget that master password since they do not have access to ANY of it. all your stuff is encrypted and they can't get to it even if they wanted to. your master password is the only way to unlock it and only you know it!!

AdrianVaughan

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
Ok so looks like it might be last pass , seems to offer a lot more for free than most , dash line looks nice but at 40usd bit out my range , has anyone else got some recommendations? And if anyone else is using lastpass. As a single person using across pc and andriod do I need the pay version?

TJ Hooker

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
You only need premium if you want app auto fill I think. IIRC I got a free month of premium when I first started, so you can try it out for a while and then when the trial runs out and you revert back to basic features you can see if there were any features from premium that you're missing that were worth paying for.

Solution