Payment gateway (credit card processing)

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I would like to incorporate credit card processing into an app. I have been looking at Authorize.net as the payment gateway, they have an SDK to use in my app but their fees are a bit high. I would love to find a payment gateway that would charge a flat 2.5% or so on all transactions. No set fee (like 10 or 25 cents per transaction) just a flat percentage, maybe even 3% would be fine.

I would like to incorporate that into an app where a credit card can be entered and then processed using the best payment gateway. I need some advice and suggestions on good cc processors. Thanks.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah good luck, these companies are pretty much free to do everything they want due to lack of regulation and their in business for the money. Even if you find something cheaper for rates, you most likely get hidden fees and special situation fees..... good luck

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Take square for example. They charge users 2.75% and they make money. And they have to pay for transactions too, unless they own a payment gateway (I guess they could, I don't know).