PC 350 SE or Hyper X Cloud 2 for the same price

SargeK155

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Just broke my Logitech G35 and im so done with Logitech. I have to find a new headset quick.

I found a sale on the PC 350 SE that puts the price roughly the same as the Hyper X Cloud 2 which as far as i can see is the best "gamer" headset out there right now which wont cost you a lot.
I want to know which is better at the same price point. I am intending on using on board sound for the PC 350 SE. I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z77 with Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC.
I mostly use it for games and some movies/music.
I fully intend to use the mic. So mic quality is a factor as well.

Sakkura

Distinguished
I would assume the Sennheiser sound quality would be a little higher. I definitely have no complaints about my PC 350, of which the PC 350 SE is a refresh. It runs fine off the integrated sound on my motherboard, but obviously that varies from board to board and I don't know how your motherboard would do. The Cloud 2 does have an advantage in the 7.1 sound, plus you don't have to worry about the integrated sound. The PC 350 SE does have relatively high impedance, after all.

Comfort really varies from person to person. The replaceable earcups on the Cloud 2 gives you a bit of extra adjustment though, so that's nice.