Pc Acting wierd / Possibly a Virus

ivan m

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Recently I was Playing a game on steam online with some of my buddies when all of a sudden the game exits by it self and then my computer shuts down by itself. I know that It did not overheat because I am constantly monitoring the gpu and cpu temps when gaming. Then about 5 min later I turned my PC back on and when i got to my home page, my PC randomly opened a tab where i can see my hard drives and the amount of space i have. I ignored it and opened Google chrome and then opened team speak and attempted to join a server, but all of a sudden my PC exited out of all of the application i had opened except for the tab where i could view all of my hard drives. Then out of no where my PC starts typing Letters that i could not understand in the search bar and it shut down again. I just started the pc back up and i havent had any problems with it so far, so i was just wondering if anybody could help me out.

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
First off, do you have an up to date antivirus program on your PC? If so, run a full scan immediately. I'd also download and run Malware Bytes and Spybot Search & Destroy as well as AVG Free. I know that may be overkill, but I have experienced viruses before where one software application didn't fully clean it but another did.