PC Audio Mostly Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold999

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello, everyone,
I have recently built a PC, and after I started it up, I realized no sound was coming out of my monitor's speakers. I have the monitor connected to my Graphics card, an MSI GTX 750, by HDMI.

Here I have included a few screenshots of what my playback devices looks like:

u6pm5rt.png

W7UryOV.png

Also, I can hear sound when I connect my ear-buds to the front panel jack. Here it is with the ear-buds connected:

DA4OHt0.png

While this is what it looks like when they aren't connected:

Mt0mcbQ.png

Can someone tell me what is going on?
For the record, I am using a GigaByte Z97X - Gaming 3, with a Sound-blaster X-Fi MB3 in built sound-card.

Thanks!

Solution
first..... have a little patience. you might not get an answer in only an hour. realize that this forum is answered by folks in many time zones and with many differenct schedules so it may take a little bit of time before someone reads and responds to your thread

--

check that your monitor speakers are turned on in the monitor settings.

check your monitor speaker volume level and mute button.

check that it uses hdmi for the speakers and not 3.5mm aux input.

check your nvidia settings as audio going out the hdmi may have certain options in there (mine is disabled... but i'm also using a receiver not just a monitor with speakers).

under sound devices... push configure on the monitor. run through it all. push test speakers. do you...
first..... have a little patience. you might not get an answer in only an hour. realize that this forum is answered by folks in many time zones and with many differenct schedules so it may take a little bit of time before someone reads and responds to your thread

--

check that your monitor speakers are turned on in the monitor settings.

check your monitor speaker volume level and mute button.

check that it uses hdmi for the speakers and not 3.5mm aux input.

check your nvidia settings as audio going out the hdmi may have certain options in there (mine is disabled... but i'm also using a receiver not just a monitor with speakers).

under sound devices... push configure on the monitor. run through it all. push test speakers. do you hear anything? with headphones unplugged of course and it set to default device.

Solution

Cold999

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Yea, I am sorry about that, it is really frustrating, I have been trying to fix this for over 4 hours now, with no luck.

My monitor doesn't have an on/off for the speakers, but it does have the volume, which is set to 100%
How do I check if it uses a 3.5mm or a normal HDMI? I have an ASUS VS229.
My NVIDIA options are set to enable audio.
No luck on configuring it.

Thanks

this one? http://www.asus.com/Monitors/VS229H/

it is not listed as having speakers. i checked the NA, DA and NV models as well which do not list speakers.

are you absolutely 100% sure that it has speakers because it doesnt look like it does to me.

Cold999

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Wow! I just got totally ripped-off.
My friend sold me this monitor, brand new, he told me it had speakers.
I trusted him, didn't really check if it did or not.
Someone is gonna get a spankin'.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and I am sorry I wasted your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.