PC Audio Solutions Assistance Please

Quentin_1

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
So I checked out the following thread before making this post:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2918135/finding-gaming-headset-good-mic.html

It had a lot of insights which only helped me become more confused about what to buy and made it clear to me that I do not want an all in one package.

I "want" 7.1 surround headphones which have noise cancelling and that I can wear for 16+ hours while walking on my treadmill at paces of 2.8-3.6 mi/hr. I need the sound of the treadmill dead to me, I do not know the noise level of the treadmill please assume average if needing to factor this in. I prefer the headphones to be over ear, but I'm not an expert, comfort is what I'm after so if it's on ear, open/closed/semi, I don't really care, I want it to be comfy and function in the environment I've presented. This is not a negotiation, this is the environment the headphones will be expected to perform in.

I have a preference for wireless if that's an option, I'm not willing to sacrifice sound quality for wireless though and if the 16+ hours is going to be interrupted should only be to replace rechargeable batteries.

And I need a microphone, mod mic seems interesting, and I just don't know enough and getting a BSc in audio video to solve this is more than a little tedious, I'm sorry for being lazy but I really don't understand how to check the quality for what I'm trying to do and don't want to drop cash for inadequate gear to make mistakes, the mic needs to be able to cancel out the ambient noise of the treadmill without altering my voice, and still be able to follow my inflections. I don't care if it's mounted on the head phone or if its LAV. It can't be on a stand for computer desk area though.

I don't know if what I want is feasible and that's why I'm asking you guys, because you know this better than I do, and if you're not sure, don't make a comment, it doesn't help when someone tells me they like turtle beaches and has no idea if it's the solution for me. I've been getting that kind of stuff everywhere on the internet. I think you're opinion is important, I'd just like it to be helpful please.

I do apologize if I have come across too strong, please don't hold it against me, I'm at wits end.

My budget is roughly $1000.00 total for both items, obviously the cheaper the better, ideally optimum bang for buck is what I'm looking for and not something I can show my friends on Sundays while drinking gold and using diamond toilet paper.

1) "7.1" is NOT surround when it comes to headphones, since you have two ears and each exclusively receives info. It is impossible to get more than stereo output even with multiple speakers in each earpiece.
2) You're going to sacrifice a lot going with "7.1" audio
3) All "7.1" headphones are heavier and not going to be comfortable moving.

For noise isolation you need closed headphones, though if you're going to be active you might as well go with earphones instead.

For the rest, I'll say this:

WHY do you need to do this? WHAT are you trying to accomplish? Are you a trainer speaking to people? Are you in a gym? Without knowing what the hell you want this for it's impossible to give you advice beyond wild guesses.