Solved! PC Build and Pro Tools 2018

DominoK

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
Hello. I subscribed to Pro Tools and download Pro Tools 2018 for Windows 10 Home. However, whenever I try to install it, it immediately freezes on the screen where it tries to install the PACE Licensing.

I've read that Pro Tools gets finicky with PC builds. I don't know if I have parts that are incompatible or not. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Here are my components:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 840 EVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB STRIX Video Card

Solution
First off, are you sure the version of Pro Tools 2018 isn't one of the many cracked and Torrented ones that are available?

Sorry to have to ask the question but so many folks get conneced into the wrong kind of download then come here for help which we can't give.

If you were caught out, uninstall it, restart the machine then run your anti-virus scan straight away.
First off, are you sure the version of Pro Tools 2018 isn't one of the many cracked and Torrented ones that are available?

Sorry to have to ask the question but so many folks get conneced into the wrong kind of download then come here for help which we can't give.

If you were caught out, uninstall it, restart the machine then run your anti-virus scan straight away.

Solution