PC connected to denon AVR and 46" TV

maharajg

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
I have my windows 7 PC connected to my denon avr through HDMI and avr connected to sony 46" Tv using HDMI, video is playing fine but text is very fuzzy and too small. I have tried renaming the input name to PC as suggested in other posts but still the same. I have to either reduce my resolution or zoom my browser text. Icon text i'am using scaling in windows to make it 125%. I have tried changing my tv sharpness to 2, display area changed to full and switched off GPU scaling.

I sit 4-5' away form the TV. Is there anything i can do to improve, so that i can browse without zooming in.

My config, Windows 7, Sapphire 260x GPU with HDMI, Denon X2000 AVR, SONY LED KDL-46EX650.

Thanks
Srini

i'm using a 40" at about 3-4 ft at 100% windows zoom, 100% chrome zoom and text is readable. i've had it this way for at least 4 years now (photos in signature if you want scaling)

if you run at 100-125% windows zoom and 100-125% web zoom you will likely be fine and since most sites have sidebars you shouldnt have an issue.

the contrast mode on your tv could be hurting not helping. i'd dial it back and see if it helps.

you can try disabling cleartype fonts and see if that makes it worse or better.

you will want to run at 1080p, fullscreen and have any special post processing done by your tv and receiver disabled when using a pc.

in general text on any tv will not be as sharp as a monitor, even if say the tv was 20" and a monitor was 20" as well. this is just how they are designed. however, text should be more than readable.

maharajg

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015

I have tried that, still the same. Some forums suggested connecting to HDMI 1, mine is connected to HDMI 3, so will try that today as well.

Thanks
Srini