PC first startup not connecting to tv

ItsYaBoiElijah

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
Code:
Hello. So I recently bought a new PC, which I built with some help off a couple of friends. I hardly know anything about pc's. I went to set it up but the TV says "No video available" and I connected it with an HDMI cable. Windows 7 home premium is in the optical drive and I dont know why it isn't connecting to the TV. Please remember I am not experienced in this side of PCs. Thanks!

Mr Hat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

Okay, to help you solve this issue, we need some more information. So, what is the issue really? You're not getting any signal out of your pc? And you're using your TV as monitor? Does your PC boot (look at your components, are the fans spinning)? Did you already install Windows or not?

ItsYaBoiElijah

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016

ItsYaBoiElijah

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
Code:
 Windows isn't installed yet on it, and when I turn it on I can hear it starting up and can see the fans spinning. Nothing is coming up on the TV which I'm using instead of a monitor.

Mr Hat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

Okay, so you're just wanting to install Windows? If you do not see anything (not even an option to enter the bios, or any motherboard startup info), check if you've connected everthing correctly, and check if your PC's on the right "source" (there's a button for that on your TV remote). If that works, and you do not enter the windows setup when you start your pc, but you just see white letters on a black background, check if the Windows DVD is spinning (you should be able to hear that) and if not, check if your optical drive is connected correcly (should have 2 cables, one SATA power, and a SATA data cable). Good luck.

ItsYaBoiElijah

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016

Code:
 My cable is plugged in correctly, I'm on the only hmdi source on my TV, I hear the disk spinning but I cannot see anything on the TV. Is it possible that the reason it isn't connecting is the TV?