TheFilonix

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
|What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Eclipse, Minecraft, Blender, Garry's Mod, Mostly 2D Animation instead of 3D

|What is your maximum budget?

Strictly Under $900 after shipping/taxes

|When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

In 2 Weeks from now.

|What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

All, except keyboard + mouse

|Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter |location?

USA, California. No access to a Micro Center

|If reusing any parts (including |monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing?

Not Reusing any parts except headset and an internet connection.

|Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

If the price is right then yes. CPU and/or GPU if the price is good

|Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large |amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL |support, etc)

None in particular, I'll be working more on more 2D games and Minecraft modding. I'll take whatever is recommended

|Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), |or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Yes, I prefer a black colour and grey only if it is a minor part.

|Do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference for one or the |other?

Yes I do, I prefer either.

I'll also accept a laptop recommendation.

Solution
I'd go the FX 8 way for CPU intensive tasks like Animation. A Nvidia GPU will be better as most Anime softwares can use GPU acceleration using CUDA cores. The MoBo is one of the best budget OCing MoBo and coupled with a budget but powerful CPU cooler, 4.4-4.5GHz looks easy. The price is lees than $880 and you can hopefully get it in under $900:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($173.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.52 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x...

MeteorsRaining

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I'd go the FX 8 way for CPU intensive tasks like Animation. A Nvidia GPU will be better as most Anime softwares can use GPU acceleration using CUDA cores. The MoBo is one of the best budget OCing MoBo and coupled with a budget but powerful CPU cooler, 4.4-4.5GHz looks easy. The price is lees than $880 and you can hopefully get it in under $900:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($173.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.52 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($18.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $877.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-26 01:26 EDT-0400

Solution