PC games slow with good pc specs

danielg86

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
hi, i'm noob here.. can anyone please help me.. i have asus laptop that has an ok specs for gaming it has intel core i7 processor and 8gb(7.89 usable) ram, 64-bit win8.. but i can't play any games like nba2k16 and wwe2k16. whenever i start playing the game start lagging i think it's because the fps are so low i have two video cards nvidia gt 635m and intel graphics 4000. can anyone please help! any help are well appreciated..

Solution
Has anyone opened Performance Monitor and watched what is going on for a while before playing games? Get a sense of things and then start playing. See what changes with respect to performance and subsequently fps. May take a few rounds to see any patterns or related consistencies. Try changing configuration options one at a time as part of the process. In any case, establish a baseline to work from.

Also: 1Shado1 - thank you for "video card correction".... I did go off track there.
Gaming spec's are often established via ideal circumstances.

Two video cards in a laptop? Look for any conflicts but I would remove one or the other and test accordingly.

Plus the issue may be somewhere else; e.g., your network, your ISP, your system configuration.

Need to narrow down what is happening and remove as many variables as possible.

He doesn't have 2 discrete video cards. The Intel graphics 4000 are integrated into the CPU. That said, he should make sure the laptop is using the GT 635m during gameplay.

maxfarob

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
It looks like the GT 635m simply isn't powerful enough to run games like NBA2K16 smoothly. Check out this video of someone playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8uMqoDTu0A

He's averaging about 18 fps during gameplay, which I would say is unplayable (60fps = smooth, 30 fps = playable). His specs are listed in the description of the video (copied below) which look very similar to your laptop.

"My Rig:
Asus N55S Laptop
Processor: Intel Core i7 2.20GHz with 8Gb RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 635M 2Gb RAM

Maybe try to lower all the settings to minimum, then lower the resolution until you hit a framerate that you can play at.

danielg86

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

danielg86

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Thanks for the answer, yes, were kinda having same spec but he's gameplay is more playable than mine.. mine has only 3-10 fps. do you have any solution on how to fix it? i try lowering the games graphic options but didn't work at all??

Has anyone opened Performance Monitor and watched what is going on for a while before playing games? Get a sense of things and then start playing. See what changes with respect to performance and subsequently fps. May take a few rounds to see any patterns or related consistencies. Try changing configuration options one at a time as part of the process. In any case, establish a baseline to work from.

Also: 1Shado1 - thank you for "video card correction".... I did go off track there.

Solution