PC Gaming Headset

Mr_Lemonhead

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but here is my problem:

I am looking for a new gaming headset, as the one I've got is the Turtlebeach X31, and it has massive interference with the router which is really annoying. Also this headset is designed for use with an Xbox 360, so the set up is awkward. I think this uses 2.4GHz for the Digital Radio Frequency and I think the router wifi runs on the same, and I didn't know about this stuff when I bought it.

I don't have a soundcard, but I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard, and from what I have heard this is enough for good sound (Feel free to correct me on this). I was also looking for a headset which had a built in mic and used 3.5mm jacks instead of a USB. Just from experience I want to stay away from wireless mics. I have also heard that some mics need a mixamp, and these aren't always supplied, but I don't know what that is anyway.

I also want to add, my price range is up to £200 ($300).

Thanks in advance.

Solution
newer mobo onboard sound is actually getting pretty damn good these days. but if you want hi-fi, audiophiles will always recommend getting a decent soundcard, though it's not absolutely necessary.

the mixamp, in the case of astroa40s, creates the simulated surround sound. 'amps' with other models are responsible for driving the headphones, and, depending on the impedance, sometimes required.

if you're looking for good wired headset w/ a mic and 3.5mm jacks:

Beyerdynamic MMX 300:

http://www.headset-ratings.com/beyerdynamic-mmx-300-pc-gaming-headset/

happy listening :)

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
newer mobo onboard sound is actually getting pretty damn good these days. but if you want hi-fi, audiophiles will always recommend getting a decent soundcard, though it's not absolutely necessary.

the mixamp, in the case of astroa40s, creates the simulated surround sound. 'amps' with other models are responsible for driving the headphones, and, depending on the impedance, sometimes required.

if you're looking for good wired headset w/ a mic and 3.5mm jacks:

Beyerdynamic MMX 300:

http://www.headset-ratings.com/beyerdynamic-mmx-300-pc-gaming-headset/

happy listening :)

Solution