PC "gaming" headset

amulsingh01

Estimable
May 29, 2016
I read somewhere that if I buy a PC headset that is not titled "gaming" I would save money and have better audio quality. I can just add a mic mod. Is this true? If so, can someone recommend me a couple of headsets that have good sound quality and are comfortable to wear for hours. Thank you.

Solution
what you have read is buying "headphones" and adding a "microphone" to them is better.

for bass light sound that is advantageous in fps games
ad500x, ad700x

for neutral sound that is a good all rounder
hd518, hd558, 668b

jmckinney28

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
I prefer the Logitech headsets because they are relatively cheap and comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I had the Logitech G930 but the charging port went out. I now have the G430. Paid $50 and it was definitely worth the money.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
There are plenty of good options on the market - I use a Logitech G35 (Wired) which has served me pretty well in terms of comfort and audio quality, a buddy has the wireless version (G930) which isn't much more expensive and is pretty reliable.

If I were purchasing a headset for the purpose of gaming, I would probably be looking at the HyperX Cloud II - I have heard nothing but good things from friends that use it in terms of audio reproduction and comfort. They will have them at your local Best Buy more than likely if you want to see if they'll let you test drive them.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I have the wireless logitech g930, I really like it except for one major flaw, it has really quiet feedback (sidetone). If your trying to talk with friends while playing a game you can barely hear yourself talk, really throws me off.

Other than that I've never had connection issues with it, sounds good, and comfortable.

what you have read is buying "headphones" and adding a "microphone" to them is better.

for bass light sound that is advantageous in fps games
ad500x, ad700x

for neutral sound that is a good all rounder
hd518, hd558, 668b

Solution