PC Login security software or something?

SylvesterKhan

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hey so I will be away from my cmputer for around a month and there are few intruders who might try to login to my computer, ive set a password through windows user and accounts but i need something like. when someone tries or attempt to login to my computer an email notification or via any app(if there is) sent to me with a picture of them captured via webcom when they attempt to login.
Ive seen an application in android which captures image from the front camera when someone tries to login with incorrent pass or code.

Solution

This is a bad idea. Most forms of software authentication are terrible at best, for overall security. They offer comfort in knowing you have more hoops to jump through, but that's really all it does. Minimal protection at best. I'm willing to bet you that anyone could bypass this software pretty easy; it's been done before on various other software.

OP- if you want proper protection from unauthorised...

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

This is a bad idea. Most forms of software authentication are terrible at best, for overall security. They offer comfort in knowing you have more hoops to jump through, but that's really all it does. Minimal protection at best. I'm willing to bet you that anyone could bypass this software pretty easy; it's been done before on various other software.

OP- if you want proper protection from unauthorised access, the only real protection I could recommend for you is using an encrypted hard drive. If you want to prevent people from logging onto your computer, just use something like TrueCrypt to encrypt the whole hard drive. You will be prompted for a password when the computer powers up, which will prevent anyone from getting data you want to keep protected.

Outside of that, I am currently not aware of any quality authentication software (free or otherwise). I can try to look into some paid authentication methods, if you're interested. I can ask around, and see what comes up.

Solution