PC makes speakers buzz

celine Hedson

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
So.. my speakers are buzzing when i connect them to my computer via a aux cable. My speaker setup (z906) does not have an earth pin on the connector so i cant lift the earth on the amp. When the pc was not grounded the speakers buzzed. Now i grounded my pc and its still buzzing.. now not only the tweeters but the subwoofer too. The speakers also make a loud pop when i turn on my computer. I tried removing the earth again from the pc. When i did that the pop on the startup was gone but the speakers where still buzzing. When i connect my phone to it it doesnt buzz. I searched everywhere and i couldnt get an fix for it. Can somone help me to find the problem that causes the hum or buzz

And also.. when i pull the aux cable out of my computer but it is still in the amplifier it starts buzzing really loud. my headphone does not buzz when its connected to the same line out on my pc

It is definitely picking up noise from somewhere. Can you move the amplifier section of the X906 away from any devices like the monitor or PC case? If the heaphones have a clean sound and the aux cable is fine then it might be picking it up from other electrical devices ... or the PC.

Lastly, inside the BIOS settings for the PC there is a setting for Spread Spectrum.

FSB Spread Spectrum : Disabled. This feature helps systems pass European electromagnetic interference (EMI) tests. It accomplishes this by constantly varying, ever so slightly, the frequency of the Front Side Bus (FSB). Be warned that enabling this feature with large values can result in Internet connection disruption, as well as stability problems if you overclock your system.

AGP Spread Spectrum : Disabled. The description above applies here as well, except that this is for modulating the frequency of the Advanced Graphics Port (AGP) interface.

celine Hedson

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015

I dont have that option available in my bios settings. and my amplifier is in the back of my room. with no other electronical devices near it. My motherboard is a medion MS-7797