Pc preparing for automatic repairing then diagnosing then some sort of error screen

Joonas144

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Yes. My windows broke. I left my computer on, and 30 minutes later it vas at that error screen. Error screen gives me three options. 1 Repair, wich doesnt do anything, just restarts and gets back to same screen and 2 more options. Now what these give to me are, 1 continue, does the same as repair 2. Shut down computer and 3. Troubleshooting. Troibleshooting gives me 2 more choises. 1 reset default settings, but i dont want to do it, it deletes all my files, and it is my last choise. And guess what. 2 more settings! This gives me 6 more options. 1 System restoring, 2 CMD 3, system image recovery. (Google translator :D ) 4 boot settings, 5 fix startup (doesnt work) and 6, return to earlier version. Not possible, i dint have it saved. Or i do, but i would have to access my D:\ drive, for that.
So. What do i do here, im very afraid, becouse i dont want to break this computer. I appreciate, if someone around here has an answer. Thank you

Hi,

When you arrive to that 6 options go to System Restore. It will ask you to select a date or time. System Restore will let you go back to an earlier date or time when everything was working fine. Just select any date before that problem happened click Next then Finish. Just wait until it finish the restoration and no files will be deleted with System Restore. :)

Joonas144

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Thank you for your help, but i dont have any backups done.
I kinda forgot them.
But! I tried to restore default settings. Well yaph. It didn't work. So what i did, i borrowed windows 10 installation drive, bootet with it, and lost every file in C drive. But now it works!

My only problem, is my product key, that was meant to windows 7, and windows 10 wont accept it. Do i start a new thread, or what? :D