PC Sounds being played though headset microphone

InfiniteXV

Estimable
May 5, 2015
I have had this problem with every 3.5 splitter type headset plugged into my pc...(both front panel and back) and it is really annoying for others to hear as they are the same volume to them as they are to me. I have already lowered the gain to +0db on microphone settings and have realtek audio drivers. What should I do? I have the HyperX Cloud Alpha headset with detachable mic.

Solution
your headset is a 3.5mm and the issue is that every headset you plug into your computer will always play sound from the headset AND mic? and it doesnt matter if you put your headset into the backpanel or frontpanel?

have you checked to ensure your onboard sound socket supports 3band/4band 3.5mm plugs? if it doesnt, then thats the issue right there.

you have gone to sound > default playback device and ensured that the default playback is not set to mic.
sound > recording > disable stereo mix

you can buy quite cheaply a 3.5mm to usb converter plug. that would instantly solve your issue. make sure your converter is for headset and mic.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
your headset is a 3.5mm and the issue is that every headset you plug into your computer will always play sound from the headset AND mic? and it doesnt matter if you put your headset into the backpanel or frontpanel?

have you checked to ensure your onboard sound socket supports 3band/4band 3.5mm plugs? if it doesnt, then thats the issue right there.

you have gone to sound > default playback device and ensured that the default playback is not set to mic.
sound > recording > disable stereo mix

you can buy quite cheaply a 3.5mm to usb converter plug. that would instantly solve your issue. make sure your converter is for headset and mic.

Solution