PC to NS-P40 Receiver

cattasraafe

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
Hello everyone I'm looking to connect my pc via HDMI port on a Geforce 650 ti to my receiver. I've got them connected, but is not seeing anything new. Whenever I connect the HDMI cable to the TV my pc will see the TV just fine. Also, I've done this before directly to the tv, but the signal was less than favorable because its a longer cable so I had to use a booster. I was hoping that since the pc can still see the tv that it would also see the receiver, but the receiver would boost the pc video signal. also have a ps3 and a ps4 connected to the receiver with the other cable that sends the signal to the tv.

HDMI can be tricky. Some combinations of sources, receiver, cables, and TVs have issues because of them being out of the HDMI specs. Since the PS3 & PS4 are working through the receiver I would try a different HDMI cable on the PC. If you are still using that long cable get a shorter one or get a better cable, Doesn't have to be a crazy expensive one.
Your receiver doesn't necessarily boost the HDMI signal so you could try using that booster on the receiver output.