PC to pendrive issues

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
I've been trying to 'digitalize" a lot of DVD's and music to pendrive. Started out fine, but lately a number of "issues" have been happening I don't understand. OK, here's what's going . After digitalizing DVD's/torrents, I transferred to 2TB pendrive that was purchased 2 months ago. The music files did well, the DVD's did well with a major influction....VLC will not "open" them, however I used SMPlayer and they(DVD files) performed!! I'm concerned because, obviously, if the digitalized DVD's won't play on VLC, chances are they won't play on a smart TV, or other media device(???) Next, "ripped" TV shows or movies/documentaries and torrent files will play from PC files, but when transferred to pendrive, a lot of those fail as well. Some have played from pendrive, then once you dismount drive and re-mount, they fail. I've been running all over the net trying to figure this out, but I haven't come across this particular issue. WHAT I'VE DONE; checked "health" of pendrive and it returned "you don't need to scan this drive" and one other program also gave it a "in running order". Re-formatted from exFat to NFTS (2x)'s -not that either should cause these problems) just to make sure pendrive was indeed blank. This has me baffled ; I've never encountered this before and I've been at this well over a few decades. [O.S. Win10] DVD's/torrents were ripped to either mp4 or MKV--all music files opened and, so far, played. If you need more info about these problems, or a better explanation(?), please don't hesitate to ask.

:??: Rick

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
RE: rgd1101

Per your inquiry, I'm not certain of the brand/model. Got it from e-tailer. I believe I'm going to return it and hope that I can receive another that is in proper working order. Strange...I got 1.89 Gb of music/movies/TV shows on the drive that work....but can't add or get any more TV/movies to work. The later added files show up on the drive and show there is data, but they won't "open" or if they do, then when I dismount/remount the drive, the files no longer operate. The music files are operating as they should. Have 'checked" the drive numerous times with 2 different programs and both reported the drive was "working properly". I've scoured the net looking for a solution, but didn't find anything specifically related to this particular problem. Thanks for replying!