PC to Receiver to TV SURGE ISSUE?

tgray6

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Hooked up PC to Receiver via HDMI-Receiver to TV via HDMI ARC--Play Dark Souls 2 for awhile, PC shuts itself off saying "Surge PSU Issue". Second Attempt: PC to TV via HDMI-Optical from PC to Receiver-Same Result. 3rd attempt: PC to TV playing with only tv stereo audio to test if receiver was causing this, same result. PC does NOT shut itself off when using my BENQ 144hz and running dual monitor in my computer room and I can play all day long with no issues. What could possisbly be causing this as I have extinguished my resources and knowledge.

tgray6

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
I have ordered a new one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Since it was my first guess that my PSU was horrible as it is not good quality, but only thing available at the time locally. Hopefully, the PSU is the reason for this happening as I think I have ruled out every other variable, aside from my HDMI through my videocard being at fault, but it has all the latest drivers and I have never had any problems with the card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sjwilliamsjr Audio 3
M Audio 1
A Audio 1
I Audio 1
F Audio 1
damluar Audio 2
D Audio 1
B Audio 3
M Audio 2
S Audio 0
amchenry Audio 1
A Audio 4
kryonas Audio 2
Bonesaw Audio 1
D Audio 0
MySmartTVBox Audio 2
D Audio 1
S Audio 1
P Audio 0
C Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How to connect Yamaha receiver to powered amp with rca inputs
Question AV receiver not decoding HD audio from PC over HDMI connection
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question PC Build Complete! Last problem is connecting 5.1 to my old A/V receiver and 4k TV.
Question Trying to figure out how to connect an equalizer to my A/V receiver.
Question Need help connecting a subwoofer to a receiver without sub output
Question What kind of receiver do I need?
Question I just received crusher skull candy wireless head phones, and would like to pair them to my vizio sound bar
Question Suggestions for modern speakers to pair with vintage Trio KR-8340 receiver
Question Are two speaker arrangements for 1 receiver possible?
Question Sub only active when receiver is turned off
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Question Half channels from Anthem MRX 700 receiver at low volume. How to troubleshoot/fix?
Question What exactly are the advantages of using a home theater system with receiver over optical/speakers?
Question Connecting 2 Denon receivers for multi-room listening
Question My Pioneer Receiver VSX-831 does not turn on. Network/Wireless red led light blinks erratically
Question Audio Receiver Question
Question Yamaha htr-6130 how to output to speakers with Rca cables
Question Validating Dolby Audio on FireTV Cube via AV Receiver
Question Ceiling speakers - Troubleshooting

ASK THE COMMUNITY