PC to tv and sound from the home theater system

kuisma

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
Hi,

I connected my pc to my LG-42LK450 tv via hdmi cable. Is there any way to get sound out from my home theater system SONY dav-dz630?

When I just watch tv sounds come from home theater wich is connected to tv via scart cable, but if I connect pc to tv then sound come just from tv speakers.

Only way I got sounds is to connect SONY to my pc via 3,5mm-rca cable but it would be cool if I could get those sounds without extra cables.

Solution
manual for HTIB http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2895971121.pdf

hdmi is output not input so using hdmi for pc is impossible.

the only inputs your HTIB supports are the rca red+white jacks or the DMPORT via adapter (digital media port). of those rca is your best option as there is no straight cable option from dmport to a pc compatible connection (most are wireless and would need bluetooth support on pc).

unfortunately many HTIB (home theater in a box) sets often are not meant to handle additional input devices well and you ran into this problem.
manual for HTIB http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2895971121.pdf

hdmi is output not input so using hdmi for pc is impossible.

the only inputs your HTIB supports are the rca red+white jacks or the DMPORT via adapter (digital media port). of those rca is your best option as there is no straight cable option from dmport to a pc compatible connection (most are wireless and would need bluetooth support on pc).

unfortunately many HTIB (home theater in a box) sets often are not meant to handle additional input devices well and you ran into this problem.

Solution

kuisma

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

Thanks for quick answer. I tried another thing. I connected home theater to my TVs 3,5mm external speaker port but sound is very very low. Can you say is there anything to do about that?

Edit: Damn Im stupid! It is so low because my TV volume is almost off :) when watching just TV I keep it low cause volume is controlled from home theater but if I connect it to TV via external speakers port then volume is also controlled from TV.