PC to TV Connection[s]

jonjon69691

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I want to connect my PC to my TV in my game room. I know the gyst of it, but kinda confused at the same time.

I have an XFX 3072MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU on my ASUS A88X-PRO MoBo with an AMD A10-6800K 4.4Ghz APU/CPU and Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB [2x8GB] DDR3 1866Mhz Memory installed...and am trying to connect my 'old' [2004] Mitsubishi HD 1080i Model # WS-65315 Wide Screen TV together so I can watch movies and play games on it.

Now, my 'output' on the VGA is HDMI x2 & VGA x2 and Mini Port x1...however...I want to use my 'input' on the TV to RCA because 'static' can be heard from the Mini-Jack on front and rear of my computer [but not on my speakers nor headphones] when connected to the TV.
So, I looked all over the Internet for the right Converter Box. I, of course know that the signal from HDMI to RCA "has-to-be-converted". Or am I wrong?

Anyways, has anyone out there ever accomplish such a feat? Used their VGA HDMI output and converted it to RCA input on their TV? If so, what 'brand/type' did you use? Or has anyone NOT used a Converter-Box and just used wires? Also, what was the 'quality' of the picture?

Any and all help would be 'greatly' appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Jon N.

Analgetic

Estimable
Feb 8, 2014
I've looked up for the tv you have and it also has a dvi input if I am correct. You can get a HDMI to DVI adapter. I suggest you using dvi just because of the resolution it can provide. VGA can provide max 480p while dvi can 1080 and more

jonjon69691

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

I believe you missed part of my question above. I know it has a DVI adapter. It's actually called DVI Monitor Link/Controller. As for Audio, I have to use a mini-jack from PC to TV. There lies the problem. I get 'static' when I connect via the Audio. Hence the reasoning for the RCA instead. If it was a low hum...I could [kinda] live with it. But it is loud enough to annoy me to no end.

PC to DVI works...but Audio mini-jack...too much static. Maybe a work-around the Audio part of it would work?

Thank you for your reply...and any other ideas.

Jon N.