PC to TV via HDMI

AmoF1

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Tried connecting my desktop pc to my tv via an HDMI and it shows "No Signal" on the tv. But it all works fine using my laptop though. My HP Envy is only a year old. Any help before I take it in to my tech guy...?

Solution
Set the HDMI as a second display. Make sure to set the resolution so it is not higher than 1080p (or 720p if that is max for the TV).
You may also have to switch TV inputs back and forth a few times until the PC and TV handshake. Sometimes a different input or HDMI cable might work even if it worked for the laptop. HDMI specifications are not followed very strictly so you can get combinations of source - cable - display that don't work.
Set the HDMI as a second display. Make sure to set the resolution so it is not higher than 1080p (or 720p if that is max for the TV).
You may also have to switch TV inputs back and forth a few times until the PC and TV handshake. Sometimes a different input or HDMI cable might work even if it worked for the laptop. HDMI specifications are not followed very strictly so you can get combinations of source - cable - display that don't work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS