Pc unusable from viruses

Jun 24, 2018
Hi,
my pc is completely unusable because of some viruses. When I turn it on, there are like 50 setups running, chrome for some reason has disappeared, and now there are unlimited tabs being opened on Microsoft Edge. They open back if I try to close them, have weird ad-ish addresses, and Edge turns back on the same second I close it. The cpu is running at 100% and also because of the intrusive Edge popping up every second it is extremely hard to do anything. I also have an extrnal hdd and a USB flash drive connected to that pc, and I need the files from both, but I'm too scared to connect them to my laptop because they probably have that hardcore virus in them too xD. Any ideas what to do? I would just reinstall windows but that would not cure the flash and hdd from the virus, and I bet it would just come back to life from them, and I need all my files from the computer's hdd also.

Any tips are very appreciated.

Solution
You can reinstall your OS after you've recreated the bootable UBS installer using Windows Media Creation Tool but the bulk of the issue remains as to how the virus could've come onto your computer...?

You can use another system armed with malwarebytes or an antivirus to wipe the portable HDD and pen drive clean of the virus but unless you format and reinstall your OS on your desktop, you won't be rid of anything.

I would highly suggest you install malwarebytes as soon as you reinstall your OS and refrain from opening other drives/partitions to prevent a reinfection.
Jun 24, 2018
Also, forgot to mention I have no idea how I got the virus. I dint use my pc for 1-2 weeks, turned it on everything was fine. Didn't download anything or went to shady websites. Turned on the next day and also didn't do anything shady. Turned on the day after to find the pc unusable.

Lutfij

Splendid
You can reinstall your OS after you've recreated the bootable UBS installer using Windows Media Creation Tool but the bulk of the issue remains as to how the virus could've come onto your computer...?

You can use another system armed with malwarebytes or an antivirus to wipe the portable HDD and pen drive clean of the virus but unless you format and reinstall your OS on your desktop, you won't be rid of anything.

I would highly suggest you install malwarebytes as soon as you reinstall your OS and refrain from opening other drives/partitions to prevent a reinfection.

Solution