Solved! PDF search methodolgy

Mar 3, 2020
Due to the stopping of security updates for Windows 7 I felt compelled to "upgrade" to crappy Windows 10. Under Windows 7, I used IE 11 as the default program to open PDF documents because in my line of work I often find myself searching through very long documents, and only when opened with IE 11 are all instances of the string searched for listed in a column down the left hand side (very much like the search facility in Kindle). With each instance highlighted within surrounding words, I found this to be the quickest, easiest and most effective means of searching huge PDFs to pinpoint the relatively few occasions when the word I am looking for is mentioned within context with the topic I am researching.

However, under Windows 10, IE 11 looks different, acts different, and refuses to open a PDF. Whenever I try to open a PDF with IE 11 under Windows 10 it keeps throwing up a "View Downloads" applet asking me if I want to save or open, and whatever choice I make there is a flash as if IE is going to open it but never does. I have associated the PDF extension with IE and all the PDFs have an IE icon when viewed in Windows Explorer, but IE just won't open a PDF, so I cannot even assess whether it offers the same viewable multi-instance search results as before. Does anyone know how to get around this or, if not, whether there is any PDF reader software out there with viewable multi-instance contextual search results? I have tried a ton of PDF viewers & PDF editors, both free and paid for, and they all have the same little box, with up & down arrows, so if you find 500 instances of what you are searching for, you have to go through all 500 one at a time to find the context within which each is mentioned.

Solution
Try inserting a PDF editor query in the play store search box, you should be able to fund many relevant results. Also, I do believe that most native PDF 'viewers' have the option to "EDIT" view the document.
~Engineer.AI
Mar 5, 2020
Try inserting a PDF editor query in the play store search box, you should be able to fund many relevant results. Also, I do believe that most native PDF 'viewers' have the option to "EDIT" view the document.
~Engineer.AI

Solution