Peerblock crashing Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I've searched through several pages of threads and didn't see anythang related to this, so it must not be very common.

A few weeks ago, I updated peerblock, and now it frequently crashes firefox. When I say crash, I mean clicking on links from email, or slickdeals, kills firefox connection, and in order to get it back, I have to completely close it out. Even going ot my banking website will kill FF connection. IE8 is not affected, neither is my IM. I was running FF5, and just updated to FF9 because all of the other versions gave me severe problems with crashing without peerblock.

If I close out peerblock I don't get the messages.

After I close out FF, once I reopen it, I get an error message which says "FF is already running." At this point I have to open task manager and close it out and then I can start browsing with FF again. Any ideas about how to fix this? Even a suggestion to something other than peerblock would be accepted as well.

I have the following add ons: No script, Https Everywhere, Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Better Privacy.

nikorr

Distinguished
[fixed]I have the following add ons: No script, Https Everywhere, Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Better Privacy.
[/fixed]
Why do u have so many??? U need only one Adblock Plus is my favorite.

Its counterproductive to use so many and they are crashing the FF. Guaranteed.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

Wow, fantastic. It only took a single second to get it working again. Much propz to you.

What do you mean they care counter productive when they "mostly" do different thangs?

Status
Not open for further replies.