Penguin Gets Books for the iPad Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Kids games, educations and ebook. Nothing more ?
(Did you'll seriously bring your iPad to visit Paris ?)

So the iPad target is 1 to 7 years old kids.
Thank Penguin to confirm that.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I already spend a lot of money on kids books. I'd buy an iPad just to have interactive books for my kids vs plain old paper books.

Funny how iPad haters are going to complaing about every niche that takes advantage of the iPad and still make stupid comments like "too bad it's still useless".

The smart people are going to create new markets and opportunites that utilize the iPad. The ignorant (and people who lack vision) people will continue to bash it.

mforce2

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
I though this was something about Linux on the iPad and now I'm dissapointed.
Guess someone is a little bit obsessed.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
This really looks wonderful. Of course, I'd want a rubberised and drool proof case and screen protector if handing it to a young child.

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I'm a bit old-fashioned maybe, but I won't call those books.
Can we have useful news or we will go on with one for every app that contains hypertextm, images and videos?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I already spend a lot of money on kids books. I'd buy an iPad just to have interactive books for my kids vs plain old paper books.Funny how iPad haters are going to complaing about every niche that takes advantage of the iPad and still make stupid comments like "too bad it's still useless".The smart people are going to create new markets and opportunites that utilize the iPad. The ignorant (and people who lack vision) people will continue to bash it.[/citation]if you give an iPad to a 7 year old, you ought to send your kid up for adoption. you don't qualify as a fit parent.

etracer65

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]if you give an iPad to a 7 year old, you ought to send your kid up for adoption. you don't qualify as a fit parent.[/citation]

Another moronic comment from someone that clearly doesn't have kids (which is a good thing for the global gene pool).

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
if you give an iPad to a 7 year old, you ought to send your kid up for adoption. you don't qualify as a fit parent.

I actualy think give an iPad to a kid it's still the best thing you can do with an iPad (and only one)!!!!
You block download and controle the iStore and you choice educations/games apps you want your child use.

But I totally disagree with ericburnby, the iPad is this just a gadget for show off. The utility of this gadget is limited. The iPad have a very limited application in your life. Surf on the (half) web, play few games, play video and pics.. and... and.. nothing more...

The smart people are going to create new markets
Smart people will just make money with iPad user like every smart people. Redo thing made for Windows/Mac OS/Linux with the application of the touch screen with a little price at the end.
The ignorant is the one who doesn't see the most important part: most things the iPad do... he can already do it with his computer or his iPhone. I really fell, iPad will have a hype "Apple fanboys" and, after that, they'll just forget their iPad at home because you can just slideshow pictures with that as a "Digital Picture Frame".

abowlofsoda

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
I am betting the iPad will be VERY successful and alot of people (on Tom's Hardware) are going to be very miserable people trying to spread the hate to such lengths. You little busy bees!

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]abowlofsoda[/nom]I am betting the iPad will be VERY successful and alot of people (on Tom's Hardware) are going to be very miserable people trying to spread the hate to such lengths. You little busy bees![/citation]

It will be successful because it is Apple, not because it is a good product. There are better tablets out there right now, they just don't carry the Apple logo or hype. People will buy them, then it'll just end up laying around their house because they can't find a use for it. Tablets are too restrictive to have the large market Apple is trying to persuade people they're in.

abowlofsoda

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
It will be successful because it is Apple, not because it is a good product. There are better tablets out there right now, they just don't carry the Apple logo or hype. People will buy them, then it'll just end up laying around their house because they can't find a use for it. Tablets are too restric
tive to have the large market Apple is trying to persuade people they're in.

Thats because your ignorant and you think that because some people buy Apple for the logo that all people buy Apple for the logo. You also think that everyone does the same things you do with your laptop, which is not the case.
Furthermore, if you looked at the iPad from more of a console point of view- like an Atari, then you might find more uses for it.

I won't allow a Mac in my home. I know for a fact I don't like them as I have used them plenty. I do own an iPhone and use it tons. I have tried most other smartphones from friends who think they have an iPhone killer and nothing comes close. I doubt other tablets in the $500 range will come close either.

I can think of tons of uses for this thing. I will be selling my laptop to fund the cost.

I'll agree this thing isn't for people like you- but I still don't understand the narrow point of view and the major hope that it will fail.

Nobody can convince you otherwise so I'll spare you the itemization on how i'd use it.

And I'd definately let me 2 year old play with it. He has become very skilled with the iPhone and learned his ABCs, counting to 20, and matching shapes on it.
He is a master of any app he has had for more then 2 weeks.

$500 is hardly expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.