Performance Differences Of Memory

nik.fokos

Great
Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone... I am playing a game that requires 8 GB RAM and my computer has 6 GB RAM... Could anyboddy tell me if there is a big difference in performance between 6 and 8 GB of RAM?
Will it's performancee be better after an upgrade?

Solution
It really depends.
- If you have discrete graphics you may get away with it. If you have integrated graphics then probably not. Since the integrated graphics will eat up 2GB.
- If you turn off all other programs and clean up your startup programs. So, that only the minimum number of programs start with Windows that are necessary for your programs to run. Which you should do anyways to clean up your computer.
- If you are clear on both counts above. You are probably safe. Games rarely use as much RAM as the box states. They play it safe. Assuming people will leave some programs open, have a computer loaded with unnecessary startup items and be using integrated graphics.

Also you can check whatever the game is and 6GB RAM. There's...

hotaru251

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
win vista-10 iirc require aroudn 2gb of ram dedicated to the OS (might of changed) just to run stable.

recommended to have 8 as min now-a-days (given its usually the minimum required for games and stuff liek PS will need even more)

the thing about RAM is you only need more than you use.

in task manager you can view the ram used to what u have total.

if it isnt using it all up you should be fine.

IF you are constantly 90%+ ram usage (and dear lrod if ur 100%) then you are in dire needs of more ram.

If you need mroe ram than you have available the system will slow down and possibly freeze up.

but again....check taskmanager or other program that can track your ram usage and if it is nearly used up i'd say upgrade to mroe as you will notice a difference. (programs and browsers will usually respond better too)

It really depends.
- If you have discrete graphics you may get away with it. If you have integrated graphics then probably not. Since the integrated graphics will eat up 2GB.
- If you turn off all other programs and clean up your startup programs. So, that only the minimum number of programs start with Windows that are necessary for your programs to run. Which you should do anyways to clean up your computer.
- If you are clear on both counts above. You are probably safe. Games rarely use as much RAM as the box states. They play it safe. Assuming people will leave some programs open, have a computer loaded with unnecessary startup items and be using integrated graphics.

Also you can check whatever the game is and 6GB RAM. There's probably a Youtube video of someone playing whatever game it is. The better posters will also show you the settings and FPS.

Solution
I can’t imagine any games which require 8GB RAM would ever be playable on integrated graphics as old as Intel HD 3000. No matter how much RAM you have.

Even the latest generation of Intel Integrated Graphics would have a hard time.