Performance of an expensive laptops without dedicated graphics.

santy74

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
Greetings everyone,
I am confused which laptop to purchase. We hear so much of dell xps 13, macbook 13 inch air,
lenovo yoga convertable series but most of these laptops don't offer a dedicated gpu.
Reasons i want to purcase a laptop for:
1)working on softwares like eclipse ,CAD-CAM softwares,
2)bit of video editing softwares like adobe after effects.
3)a good battery back up of 5hrs+

laptop i selected is dell 13 7000 7359 convertable laptop with following specs:
intel 6th gen i7 6550u 2.4ghz
8gb ddr3l ram
256gb ssd
intel hd520 integrated graphics
costing me about 77000INR i.e 1139.940$USD
i travel a lot and read ebooks so i prefer convertable laptop ......
can anyone tell me will the mentioned softwares work with this config ..or can i get a better deal than this in india ...
and also i get a macbook air 13 inch for 60000INR but i dont know if i have to pay more for every software i want .... is a mac better option ? or can we install windows and use apps like adobe after effects pro in a mac without a problem ..and can w use pirated softwares in a mac ?
i am an mechanical engg student
..need suggestions..

Solution
I don't actually hear "anything" about the brands you mention and none of those companies actually "makes" a laptop.

The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China. Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP, Dell and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn...
I don't actually hear "anything" about the brands you mention and none of those companies actually "makes" a laptop.

The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China. Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP, Dell and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP

To be frank, what you want to do requires power, .. power requires two things large batteries and large heat sinks. This are simply incompatible with a "light laptop". As the owner of an engineering consulting firm, I can tell you we have no use for a 13, 14 or 15" laptop. We need the screen real estate to be productive with CAD software.

With After Effects, Premiere and CAD on the list, you want a CUDA capable card... that means nVidia GFX. We use Clevo laptops exclusively. Known worldwide as the premiere laptop gaming OEM, they work great as CAD boxes. Alienware made its reputation selling rebranded Clevo boxes gaining such attention that Dell bought Alienware.... unfortunately, it's gone downhill from there.

https://www.quora.com/I-came-a-cross-a-laptop-seller-in-amazon-India-called-AZOM-EXIGO-the-company-which-provides-a-high-specification-laptops-with-i7-4710-processor-nvidia-gtx-970m-graphics-card-8-gb-ram-so-on-at-the-price-of-around-1-lakh-rupees-can-I-trust-them

Like all those companies above buy their laptops from an OEM, Clevo is the OEM for boutique laptop sellers who build custom, upgradeable laptops for their customers.

I came cross this post from someone in India who purchased a Clevo laptop ... THG forum software truncates long links so you may have to quote this message to copy the url below. According to the post, you can buy Clevo from amazon india.

https://www.quora.com/I-came-a-cross-a-laptop-seller-in-amazon-India-called-AZOM-EXIGO-the-company-which-provides-a-high-specification-laptops-with-i7-4710-processor-nvidia-gtx-970m-graphics-card-8-gb-ram-so-on-at-the-price-of-around-1-lakh-rupees-can-I-trust-them

As for pirated software, thatz a no-no. Don't do it ... and posting that you plan to on a public forum is an invitation to prosecution.

Solution

santy74

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014

Thank you for guiding me sir ... i won't ask it again .. i didn't know it was so illegal . Sorry again .

santy74

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014

Thank you sir for your time , i really appreciate it.
sir, i have a budget of 80,000 inr i.e 1184$ . can u suggest some some budget laptops for my use under 1000$