Philips LED Light Bulb Uses Less Than 7W

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]I hope they work better than the led spots we've had in the bathroom earlier. The problem with LEDs is that they focus light on a small area, so they don't properly iluminate all of the area you expect. I trust philips has made the front spread the light a bit more evenly though. But who knows. I'll see if I can find some of those for sale somewhere (being european). They should come in handy in places where you switch on and off the light a lot. You'd typically use an old type bulb for those places, as energy saving bulbs don't like it when you turn them on and off all the time. And LEDs don't really care.[/citation]

http://tinyurl.com/day64g

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]I can't stand CFLs. I tried them a few years ago and the color was horrible and the amount of light was abysmal. They were of the "expensive" flavor and have since never bought them again. I use 100W incandescent bulbs most of my house and have never found an equivalent. CFLs do take some time to get to full lighting ability regardless of the temp. I am hoping for an LED solution but seems tht it's not there yet. Also, I hear that CFLs are not good to use with dimmers so that also makes them not useful to me.[/citation]

CFL bulbs are especially great in the bathroom that you use at night because of this. Your eyes adjust at about the same rate that the light brightens.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]CFL bulbs are especially great in the bathroom that you use at night because of this. Your eyes adjust at about the same rate that the light brightens.[/citation]
I always felt this to be a nucense, rather than an advantage. It makes me feel like I am blind.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
So what you're saying is that you'd rather have a blaring unhealthy spotlight in your face when you use the restroom at night? My response to: "LEDs focus light in a small area" was perfect. Must have been neiroatopelcc who rated me down. Who the heck has ever heard of diffusion? They've been using refractors in tail lights for ages. Why do you think they make those big frosty globes for ceiling lights? Light can be spread out from a tiny bright source to all parts of the galaxy silly boy.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I always felt this to be a nucense, rather than an advantage. It makes me feel like I am blind.[/citation]

I think you mean "nuisance".

Firefox spellcheck FTW!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]I think you mean "nuisance".Firefox spellcheck FTW![/citation]
If I could, I would. It would make work a lot easier.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]http://tinyurl.com/day64g[/citation]
stop trolling man! you're wasting my time by generating urls to google, instead of actually writing something useful.

G

After buying this product I can tell you it performs on par with a 25W ordinary bulb. Disappointed...

G

The Philips bulbs are amazing. Philips is the leader in LEDs. Both the 40W and 60W replacement bulbs do a wonderful job and behave just like incandescents. Time to ditch the mercury and become an early adopter of new technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS