Phone can see wireless, but laptop can't

Anghel_1

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I have a Lenovo b5400 laptop which can see many different WiFis around me, but not mine. On the other hand, my Sony z5 compact can see and connect without a problem to my router. What's the problem?

Anghel_1

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I don't think so. It has been working just fine for many months. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't able to see my WiFi name in the Wi-Fi list, that's all

Slumy__57

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Check your drivers, I doubt this would be the problem since it can see other wifi access points nearby, but it is a possibility. Is the router yours? Or is it owned by someone else, because they may have blacklisted your laptop from the router, which would make it invisible to your PC. If the router is yours, check to see if your laptop's MAC address is being denied access to the router.

I don't think you can make a network invisible to a laptop FROM the laptop, you can just forget it, or disconnect from it. I could be wrong though, but I don't think so. It sounds more like something from the router's end.

bloodroses

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
As boosted1g said, try unplugging/plugging back in the router (power cycling). I've used many routers that exhibit the same strange behavior on occasion. As I say it, they get 'dumb' for a bit and need a kick. :)

Anghel_1

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

thank you guys. i finally got the guy in the other room to restart it and it eventually worked. not straight away, but still... haha