Phone doesn't recognize plugged-in jack

Tomas_20

Commendable
May 27, 2016
Hey:)
So I have this problem with my Raikko speaker: My phone does not recognize when I plug in the speaker. The thing is that this only happens with my phone, but also this is the only jack that my phone doesn't recognize. Help plz :)

Solution
If this is a simple miniature 3.5mm plug, I say pay attention whether it's plugged in ALL THE WAY, some of these plugs are just a little bit fatter and harder to plug all the way to get a proper connection, make sure it's in all the way. If any of the two jacks feels spongy rather than a solid click, you may have a dust ball in one of those jacks which you need to extract and clean out.

If this is a miniature USB connection, it may require a special cable and not made for a generic cable.
If this is a simple miniature 3.5mm plug, I say pay attention whether it's plugged in ALL THE WAY, some of these plugs are just a little bit fatter and harder to plug all the way to get a proper connection, make sure it's in all the way. If any of the two jacks feels spongy rather than a solid click, you may have a dust ball in one of those jacks which you need to extract and clean out.

If this is a miniature USB connection, it may require a special cable and not made for a generic cable.

Solution