Phone Not Booting up!

RedArmy991

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I have this HTC Droid Incredible 4g lte, and when i was about to step into the shower, I accidentally knocked it into the shower... I immediately put the phone into rice and waited a few days... the phone turned on and showed the HTC screen, but after "booting" for 15 seconds, the phone dies and restarts, resulting in a continuous reboot cycle. I tried out a new battery, and the same thing happened, so the battery wasn't faulty. I also tried to hard reset the phone, but as it wouldn't boot up, I couldn't do so... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Solution
I'm fairly certain, since you already confirmed for me that it won't boot past the HTC screen even when trying to get to the recovery menu.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Sounds like the water caused a short circuit on the mainboard. It could be replaced, but will likely cost as much as a new phone would; so I'd have to recommend just getting a new one.

You could always shop around repair centers for the best deal, but again, it's likely to be fairly close to the cost of simply replacing the phone itself.

RedArmy991

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Do you think that it could have been anything else? I had considered this thought, but would like to try to fix it without replacing anything.

RedArmy991

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

This sucks. Thanks anyways though.