Phone screwed up by ES File Explorer

Nathan Clark

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Hi, I have a Moto E phone. Just bought it new, it's more expensive than the cheaper phones and it doesn't have those issues with the sdcard like the cheaper phones do, or so I'm told, I never got an sdcard with this one yet. My issue is, as soon as I downloaded es file explorer it screwed up the file recognition. If I download pictures, music, movies. It will not show up in my files unless I go into internal storage. For example, I downloaded a music player app 2 minutes ago, used its scan music button. Nothing turns up. But I have music in internal storage. I can't use most apps that need to recognize that there are files on my phone. I asked for help from the metro PCS store where I got the phone, called customer service. None can help me. They just say es file explorer is a third party app and it has problems with the phone. Please help, what is going on with this phone and how can I fix this?

Solution
Surely you must have noticed the recent reviews for EStrong File Explorer are terrible. The chinese company that owns it sold out and has been bundling it with so much crapware running in the background that standby battery life is cut in half just by having it installed. All the full-screen popups offering to clean your storage or scan for viruses should be a big clue.

Try Solid Explorer Classic instead. It works much like how ES File Explorer used to, back when it was the best file manager for Android.

However you may need to factory reset your phone first, in order to fix all of the damage back to defaults. It's the sort of thing that's required after you grant full administrative privileges to malware.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Surely you must have noticed the recent reviews for EStrong File Explorer are terrible. The chinese company that owns it sold out and has been bundling it with so much crapware running in the background that standby battery life is cut in half just by having it installed. All the full-screen popups offering to clean your storage or scan for viruses should be a big clue.

Try Solid Explorer Classic instead. It works much like how ES File Explorer used to, back when it was the best file manager for Android.

However you may need to factory reset your phone first, in order to fix all of the damage back to defaults. It's the sort of thing that's required after you grant full administrative privileges to malware.

Solution