Phone works but the screen stays black

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan Stepp

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I have a Verizon 4G Samsung, brand new as of this year, in mint condition. No scratches, cracks, never wet, rarely dropped. And when it is dropped, it has always worked afterwards. One night, I plug it in to charge, as I always do, and leave it like that for the night. The morning after I get up, take my phone and leave, not bothering to look at my phone just yet. (This being part of a morning ritual of sorts. :p ) It is later that I go to look at the time that I press the on button to turn the screen on. The four buttons at the bottom on my screen, plus my keypad light up, but the screen stays black. I turn my phone off and then turn it back on, same result, black screen. I then took out the battery and put it back in, same result. I took the battery out and left it out for while, after reinserting it back into my phone after a few hours, I still had the same result. I had not dropped my phone the previous day or as of this month, it worked just fine the night before, as well as halfway through the night when I checked my phone. So, as I find no help in my family, I have turned to the internet, using the Verizon store as my last result. Any help would be wonderful. :)

Solution
The screen on your phone has a back light (invert er board).
Just like a computer, or a laptop screen once the back light breaks or becomes faulty no images can be seen on the screen.

Your best option is to contact verizon, and get the phone replaced with a new Phone.

ASSASSIN_6

Prominent
May 22, 2017
You shouldn't keep it charge for too long this could cause a battery health failure which will degrade your battery and your phone's performance If you take that battery out of your phone you will see that the battery is swollen. You should try a new battery.

Donna_71

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Donna_71

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Your phone overheated,simple fix,cool your phone by placing in a cool place ,like your frige for two minutes,then hold the power button and volume button down at the same time for twenty seconds,it Should come back on if doesn't work the first time repeat,it does work

Status
Not open for further replies.