photo account Dropbox troubles

Mar 1, 2018
An employee at my phone carrier solved my -small storage phone gridlocked because of photos - problem by opening a “Dropbox account” and putting the photos there. A hacker got control of my phone by my responding (I guess) to an email that knew of a Walmart purchase and that email sent a fictional story of an email saying that they wanted XYZ (the purchase) back. I did not know hackers had control until they locked my phone (me out of it). People said the hacker was just in email (but I did not know maybe all) and I was scared, plus the smartphone had to be factory reset, so I had email provider delete email to be safe. I talked to people and came to that conclusion that deleting was a must do. Come to find out that without email connected to Dripbox account working anymore my Dropbox of photos is inaccessible. I forget how I realized that I needed to talk to Dropbox, but I sent Dropbox email. Even though I spoke of legal identity proofs; phone carrier account contract legal identity proof; and forwarded them an old email we had forwarded to ourselves to save showing a connection to our old email address - I got nowhere with them and suddenly, in their last email, they said my account was “no longer available” - after talking via several emails and them not saying that. Please, someone who knows tech has to know what to do. To delete the old email, the email provider said that it was permanent and therefore I did not think to contact them. When in the email deletion process, the email provider mentioned subscriptions, but I never thought about the Dropbox account or know that I would never be able be able to access the over 2GB of storage that contain my personal photographs. Does anybody know a way around this? I tried creating the old email again and it did not work. I tried sending password reset instructions to my new email. I never knew a password because the phone carrier employee did the opening of the Dropbox account on my phone and I do not remember them mentioning a password. I finally figured out from Dropbox’s email information mentioning - if I was still signed in - to ask Dropbox if they could possibly know if I was still signed in. I had to ask twice. They responded that I was not still signed in. Thank you and thank you Tom’s Guide for this forum. I hope that someone has a work around to get my photos back.

Mar 1, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from fanele899 : "question about “the cloud”; someone named “junkeymonkey” had responded about Dropbox hack panic (the thread said hack was fake"

My question is - if Dropbox storage is in “the cloud” and the community person “junkeymonkey” responding to the community article about the fake hack of Dropbox and the panic it caused by putting the thought out there that putting photos on Dropbox was putting them in “the cloud” and giving that hint of non-security... how can I get mine back from Dropbox in the cloud? I hope that “junkeymonkey” knows more to help me get my photos back from a non-syncing Dropbox account when I no longer have the email connected to the account because of hacking activity and me having email deleted because I thought I needed to do that. How can I get my photos back?