Question Photo storage/organiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2020
Hi

I’m looking for a photo storage/organiser solution that allows both (i) a folder/subfolder hierarchy with sync to desktop (standard in Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc); but also (ii) automated tagging of objects/faces (e.g. Google Photos or iOS functions). I’m not fussed about sophisticated editing tools ‘in-app’ (can do this on laptop if the folders/subfolders contain the ‘truth file’.

This was pretty straightforward with Google until they broke the syncing between Photos & Drive. OneDrive appeared to have something similar (currently disabled, citing integration with Bing) but the ‘People’ function seems restricted to the Windows 10 desktop Photos app.

Anybody have any ways they do this?

Aug 19, 2020
Google Photos is the best option for me

Thanks - it is great in many ways but it destroys the folder/subfolder structure, changes/edits are stored outside the photo file itself & the 'takeout' process is filled with annoying quirks, so it feels like you are commitment to that approach for life. Hence looking for something a little more flexible for future. thanks for reply though

Aug 22, 2020
try pcloud, I heard many things about it :)

Can confirm. I have a 2TB lifetime plan with them. Have had no issues at all, great service. Only thing is added encryption is extra. They always have deals on their lifetime plans. For me, it made more sense in the long run to pay the 225$ USD for the 2TB rather than monthly - it pays for itself over time if you're already paying for cloud storage.

Aug 19, 2020
Can confirm. I have a 2TB lifetime plan with them. Have had no issues at all, great service. Only thing is added encryption is extra. They always have deals on their lifetime plans. For me, it made more sense in the long run to pay the 225$ USD for the 2TB rather than monthly - it pays for itself over time if you're already paying for cloud storage.
thanks but pcloud doesn't seem to offer any photo organisation (auto tagging of faces/objects etc)

Aug 22, 2020
thanks but pcloud doesn't seem to offer any photo organisation (auto tagging of faces/objects etc)

Hmm... What about the Adobe Creative plans? Think they are 9.99$/mo. and there are different types. Not sure if their cloud storage for pictures does what you are looking for, though. I'd like to think it does considering... well.. they are in the image software business. I used it at one point, but it was more for photo storage prior to getting pCloud. Never got into the nitty-gritty of what the software/storage could do beyond storing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.