Photographer Uses iPhone 3GS to Shoot Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
so toms how much a week do you get paid by apple to post stupid articles about apple, any REAL photographer would NOT use the crappy Iphone camera!

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ubernoobie[/nom]anyways, this has been done with different phones, not news[/citation]

But it's an iPhone! How could this NOT be exciting?!?!?

xenon aniki

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
you have to hold it right to get the great picture. uh.. not that way, its okay we will make a rubber band for your iPhone to make you take great picture. it only cost you $100 and its originally from apple.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, the model is hot, but I don't care about the iPhone camera. I'd take a decent point & shoot (ie Canon A serise) or a DSLR over this. Anyways, I think jane just wanted to show us the pics :lol:

drapple

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
He kind of defeats his own point of saying equipment is not important by using thousands of dollars worth of lighting, studio space, retouchers and models.

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
You need expensive camera equipment to take acceptable pictures in the worst conditions. In perfect light any camera function extremely well, but when you take pictures of wedding in dimmed room that's where the 1k$ lens pay off.
Taking pictures in studio with unlimited supply of light that's child's play sorry to say. But still your work is impressive and appreciated.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
[citation][nom]drapple[/nom]He kind of defeats his own point of saying equipment is not important by using thousands of dollars worth of lighting, studio space, retouchers and models.[/citation]

"Morris says they may do a shoot some day with just natural light but for now, they're just trying to prove that the quality of you camera shouldn't stop you from taking great pictures."

G

The original photo lack sharpness. Even on the edited photos, the dynamic range is bad. The shadows are grainy. I can definitely tell that it is not shoot from a D-SLR. All these iPhone photo shoot only proves your studio lighting skills. It does not prove the quality of your camera equipment. Sorry "fstopper", I am not convinced of your claim.

Every piece of your equipment matters!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Anything is possible with skill, even with a 3GS camera.

Then he proceeds to use thousands of dollars in lighting and assistance.

Kinda defeating your own point, isn't it?

G

you know the pics look bad.... no question. getting the flood lights helped eliminate some problems with shadows. and they are photographing way to close her nose/forehead making them look huge in most pic, the pics presented would not even make it in mass production portrait studios. At lest find a camera that has a lens that fits the job. I could see the Iphone being better at street photography.

G

Notice that the images are not full res? I bet the photographer probably scaled them down to hide/more easily edit out the horrid JPEG artifacts that you get from using a phone camera...

Now a good camera will shoot them in raw format and hi res. So yes, a tool DOES matter in terms of quality, especially if you don't have $$$ at your disposal.

Of course thousands of dollars in lighting and skill with photoshop made most of those photos.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]frye[/nom]But it's an iPhone! How could this NOT be exciting?!?!?[/citation]

Because it's only possible with the drunk wizard operating the iPhone's antenna system

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
So we've seen iProducts used by artists, and now photographers. Toms, can you do an article next on how I use mine as toilet paper??

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i'm sure they also used a real camera during the shoot. it's quite a waste to shoot everything just using the phone.

anyways, this is still a reminder for those spending too much on equipment, expecting they will take better pictures. i know a lot of men and women who bought a nikon d90 which is really a serious camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.