Photoshop CS3 Freezes

ultimatethreat

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Photoshop CS3 freezes when I press import. It never unfreezes. I have to close it with Task Manager. Windows 10. I installed it a couple months ago but this is the first time I tried to use it.

Solution
None of the CS3 products are compatible with Windows 10 (or 8 for that matter). Some people have gotten it to run, with bumps along the way, but, it either runs or it doesn't. If it doesn't run on your equipment there is little to no chance of getting it to run. That suite is long abandoned by Adobe and you won't get any assistance from them.

ultimatethreat

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ultimatethreat : "Photoshop CS3 Freezes"

Photoshop CS3 freezes when I press Place. Never unfreezes. Have to terminate with Task Manager.
WIndows 10
Installed a couple months ago, this is the first time I've really tried to use it.

Have you tried running it in compatability mode?

CS3 was released ten years ago, when 64-bit Windows was rarity (if at all available). Try to find a more "compatible" OS where to tri this old version (32-bit Windows XP, 32-bit Windows Vista), or upgrade to more recent one.

Last but not least: Is this a genuine CS?

ultimatethreat

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Compatability did not work. I don't have the option to try a different OS and I would like to keep Windows 10. I can subscribe to the new Adobe programs as a last resort. Yes it is a legit CS. Thanks for your time thus far

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
None of the CS3 products are compatible with Windows 10 (or 8 for that matter). Some people have gotten it to run, with bumps along the way, but, it either runs or it doesn't. If it doesn't run on your equipment there is little to no chance of getting it to run. That suite is long abandoned by Adobe and you won't get any assistance from them.

Solution